Ubuntu is among the most widely used Linux editions for desktop computers, but the OS also has a server edition, which has been becoming more popular nowadays. Ubuntu is really quick and supports various hardware components, so it can work on virtually any server without using an excessive amount of resources. The OS is widely known as very dependable and secure, plus because of its popularity, you’ll find lots of sources online with info about any question or problem that you may have. The Long-Term Support (LTS) versions are supported for a minimum of five years, so you’ll be able to get security patches without worrying about softwaretroubles in the long term. Since Ubuntu is absolutely free to use, you are able to modify both its core as well as the thousands of additional software packages that you can download and install in any way you see fit, with no limitations and without paying any license fees. This way, you can get a fast, dependable and powerful website hosting service and pay just the cost of the server.
The Ubuntu Promise
Ubuntu is free. Always has been and always will be. From the operating system to security updates, storage to software.
Ubuntu is fast to load, easy to use, available in most languages and accessible to all.
Ubuntu applications are all free and open source — so you can share them with anyone you like, as often as you like.
Ubuntu comes with full support and all kinds of services available worldwide.
Ubuntu is created by open-source developers because we believe that everybody should have access to the best possible technologies.
This passionate global community works together to continually evolve the best systems in the world and then make them available to everybody, absolutely free.
Ubuntu and Canonical
Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd.
Ubuntu is backed by Canonical — the number-one Ubuntu services provider.
Companies can choose to receive expert training, support or consultancy for a fee that goes towards the continued development of Ubuntu.
Why use Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu is far more than an operating system. With thousands of applications to choose from, it’s completely free and easy to use.
- Ubuntu is made for sharing. Use it, modify it, improve it, share it. Anywhere, any time and with any number of people all over the world. No licence required.
- Ubuntu operating systems are regularly updated. Come in a new, improved, easy-to-install release every six months, so you’re always up to date.
- Ubuntu comes with all the support you need and powers the most popular computers — on servers, desktops, notebooks and netbooks.
- Ubuntu comes with a ready-made community dedicated to building and promoting free systems and software.
Ubuntu is an open source software operating system that runs from the desktop, to the cloud, to all your internet connected things.
Official website: Ubuntu.com